What the examiner will say and do
Now, I’m going to play the melody twice more. The second playing will have one change.
Please raise your hand when you hear the change, then tell me whether it was a change in the pitch or rhythm
Here is the melody for the first time.
Now with the change.
What you need to do
Listen for the change and raise one hand as soon as you hear the change.
Hints and tips
- You will hear a change to the
pitch if a note is played higher or lower
rhythm if some of the notes are played longer or shorter
- Raise your hand as soon as you hear the change
- Raise your hand really clearly
- If you hear a note played higher or lower say PITCH
- If you hear some of the notes played longer or shorter say RHYTHM