What the examiner will say and do
Listen to the first two notes of the melody, then tell me the interval.
What you need to do
Listen to the two notes
Then say the interval:
2, 3, 4, 5 OR 6
Hints and tips
- The interval is the way to describe the pitch distance between the two notes.
- You will hear the first two notes of the melody
- Listen to the pitch of the first note and compare it with the second note
- The first note is note 1, and the second note will be note 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6
- Listen to these examples:
- You can sing the notes if it helps you